Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Action!

One of the main components of this project is the film opening. I am at the point where filming is my main priority. This is simultaneously the easiest and hardest part. It is easy because I have been planning it for weeks and know exactly what I want to do, but hard because I want it to be absolutely perfect. As I'm filming I'm learning that it won't be perfect. Accepting that is important for me, as a perfectionist. I'm not a professional, and not even professionals make perfect films, but I can try my hardest to produce the best opening I can.

Since my setting is a suburban neighborhood, it was fairly simple to find a location to shoot in. The city I live in is the perfect backdrop for my film. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a movie. All the house are very similar, and they are all colors within the same color palette. Everything here is very standardized. Everyone shops at the same places, eats at the same restaurants, and goes to the same schools.

I mainly filmed in and around my own neighborhood. I had easy access and it worked for what I needed. For my opening I want to focus on introducing the setting so many of my shots relate to that. Here are some stills from things I've shot so far.




Now I know these may seem simple but these are stills of shots I plan to use for the film opening credits. It will be a way to incorporate credits while creating that sense of setting. I don't want to give away too much of what is being filmed, so I'm just going to leave off here for now, but expect some more behind the scenes looks soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment